Made with feta and goat cheese, this rich and creamy dip is perfect with grilled pita bread.
- 1 large yellow pepper
- 2 ounces feta, crumbled, at room temperature
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled, at room temperature
- 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch cayenne, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp. chopped mint, for garnishing
- Greek pita bread, grilled and cut into wedges, for serving
- Grape tomatoes, cucumbers and olives, for serving (optional)
Grill or broil pepper until well charred. Transfer to a bowl and cover. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. (The residual steam will make it easier to remove the peel.) Peel, seed and pat dry.
Add roasted pepper, feta and goat cheese to a small food processor. Pulse until combined. Add lemon juice, olive oil, cayenne and salt and pepper. Purée until smooth.
Add dip to serving dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle mint on top. Serve with the pita bread, tomatoes, cucumbers and olives, if desired.
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups.