- 1 large bunch watercress, washed, stems removed, patted dry
- 1 granny smith apple
- juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios (60 ml)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (45 ml)
- 1 tablespoon honey (5 ml)
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped (15 ml)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (15 ml)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- coarse salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly toast the pistachio nuts on a baking sheet in the oven, about 5 to 7 minutes minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Coarsely chop and set aside.
3. Keeping the skin on the granny smith apple, core the apple. Then cut the apple in half and slice off thin wedges. Immediately, toss the wedges in medium-sized bowl with lemon juice. This will prevent the apple wedges from browning. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, honey and mint. Slowly add olive oil in a steady stream to mixture until smooth and combined. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place watercress in a serving bowl and add apple wedges. Drizzle salad with dressing and sprinkle with toasted pistachio nuts. Serve.