A unique soup with homemade croutons!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 11 servings
- 1 T garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 T olive oil
- 1⁄2 c thrive chopped onions (fd)
- 1⁄2 c thrive mushroom pieces (fd)
- 10 c water
- 1⁄2 c thrive tomato dices (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive celery (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive carrot dices
- 1⁄2 c thrive green chili peppers (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive tomato powder
- 1 T thrive italian seasoning blend
- 1⁄2 T thrive chef's choice seasoning blend
- 1 t thrive iodized salt
- 1 T worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 c thrive classic tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 c basil pesto (see thrive recipe)
Make croutons by mixing 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic, 1/2 tsp. THRIVE Chef's Choice Seasoning Blend, 1/4 c. parmesan cheese, and 2 tbsp. olive oil. Coat 2 c. sourdough bread dices with mixture and toast in oven for 12-15 minutes at
350 F or until lightly browned.
In a large pot sweat garlic and olive oil together until lightly browned. Add onion and mushrooms dry and lightly brown. Add water and all remaining soup ingredients except tomato sauce and pesto and simmer for 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and simmer for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pesto. Serve with croutons.