2 Tblsp heavy cream
7 oz good white chocolate, chopped (or 70% dark chocolate)
2 Tblsp Irish Cream liqueur such as Bailey's (or 2-4 drops mint extract)
1/2 tsp good vanilla extract
1/2 C chopped hazelnuts
6oz bittersweet or dark chocolate, chopped
1. Place cream in heat proof bowl over simmering water, cook till heated through.
2. Slowly stir white chocolate into cream with a whisk until it's melted.
3. Stir in Bailey's and vanilla. Cover and chill about one hour in fridge till pliable but firm enough to scoop.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. With two teaspoons or 1 1/4" ice cream scoop make dollops of white chocolate and place on baking sheet lined with parchment. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until firm enough to roll into balls.
6. Place hazelnuts on sheet pan and bake for 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
7. Melt bittersweet/dark chocolate in heat proof bowl over simmering water.
8. Drizzle chocolate over some of the truffles, roll the rest in crushed hazelnuts.
9. Chill until ready to serve.
1. The drizzle is melted white chips with a little shortening and icing coloring.
2. The truffles definitely need some kind of coating on the outside, preferably dipped in melted chocolate or roll in sugar, coconut or the nuts
3. Using a 1 1/4" cookie scoop, it makes 10 truffles.