Nothing beats homemade chicken noodle soup--even the noodles are made from scratch!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 9 servings
- 1 T garlic
- 2 T butter
- 8 c water
- 1⁄4 c thrive carrot dices
- 1⁄2 c thrive chopped onions (fd)
- 1⁄2 c thrive celery (fd)
- 1 1⁄2 c thrive seasoned chicken slices (fd)
- 1 T thrive italian seasoning blend
- 1⁄2 T thrive chef’s choice seasoning blend
- 1⁄2 T thrive chicken bouillon
- 1 c thrive velouté sauce
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1⁄4 c thrive scrambled egg mix
- 1⁄3 c water (for noodles)
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 c thrive white flour
- 1⁄2 t thrive iodized salt
- 1⁄2 t thrive peppercorn seasoning blend
To make the noodles combine eggs, 1/3 c. water, and oil in a small mixing bowl with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until well incorporated. Slowly add flour until well combined, then add salt and peppercorn seasoning. Switch to a dough hook and knead for 2–3 minutes on medium speed.
Knead dough a few times on a floured surface, then roll dough with floured rolling pin until desired thickness. Cut dough to desired noodle length and roll up dough. Cut desired thickness from roll, then unroll cut noodles. About half of the pasta will be added to the soup.
Sweat garlic and butter together in a large pot on medium high heat. Add in water and all remaining soup ingredients except velouté. Simmer for about 8 minutes. Add about half of the noodles and cook for 1 minute. Whisk velouté in slowly and cook for another 4 minutes at a medium simmer. Allow to rest a few minutes before serving.
Shop THRIVE Life products here.
Contact Diane for more information.