A hearty and delicious salad packed with protein for potlucks, barbecues and family get-togethers.
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 (14-ounce) can or jar marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- Handful black olives, pitted
- 1 (14-ounce) can white beans, such as cannellini or navy beans
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated or shaved, to taste
- Sprig of parsley, for garnishing (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. to 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard, to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Add green beans to boiling salted water. Cook until tender crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to ice bath to stop the cooking process. When cooled, drain well and pat dry. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add blanched green beans, grape tomatoes, artichokes, red onion, black olives, white beans and parsley. Add dressing and toss to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Finish with freshly grated or shaved Parmesan cheese. Garnish with sprig of parsley, if desired.
Combine garlic, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper in small bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.