Almost everything you do including what you eat, plays a role in how your skin will look and feel. Listed are some amazing skin superfoods that are all beneficial to your health and your skin will thank you for it.
1. Blueberries- loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Blueberries prevent aging by neutralizing the free radicals (molecules responsible for aging and tissue damage) in the body. They also provide a boost in the immune system.
2. Turmeric- has been used for years in holistic medicine as as a digestive aid and a wound healer. It is also a natural liver detoxifier and potent natural anti-inflammatory (great for those with acne).
3. Parsley- it is rich in vitamins A and C. It also contains powerful antioxidants that can help slow down the aging of cells. Parsley is also the perfect digestion remedy and can help cleanse the liver of toxins. So don't pass on this often overlooked garnish. Parsley contains three times as much vitamin C as oranges, and twice as much iron as spinach..crazy right!
4. Coconut oil- has anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial functions. Helps with digestion. Excellent source of healthy fats. Applied topically is a great stretch mark prevention oil.
5. Avocado- contains antioxidants that slow down aging, promotes good heart health, and prevents the growth of cancer cells. The natural oils in avocado also keep your skin looking vibrant and youthful.
6. Tomatoes-contain lycopene, a powerful rejuvenating antioxidant that gives tomatoes their deep red color is known to reduce the risk of prostate, breast, lung and other cancers. Tomatoes also contain a ton of vitamin C and can help skin texture and color.
7. Pumpkin Seeds- loaded with essential skin beautifying minerals and antioxidants. Pumpkin seeds are also a great anti-inflammatory. According to WHS pumpkin seeds are also known to boost the immune system and lower cancer risks. The best way to get all the health benefits is to eat them raw.
8. Kale- has tons of vitamin K, A and C. It is also a rich source of minerals including cooper, calcium, iron and magnesium which all play a role in healthy beautiful skin.
9. Lemon- contains over 200 enzymes which help to detoxify the liver. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which has many healthy skin benefits including maintaining collagen levels and repairing tissue damage.
10. Sardines- you may not be a fan of these...but the health benefits are unbelievable. They are loaded with calcium, vitamin D and B12. A three ounce serving of sardines has as much calcium as a cup of milk. Sardines are also high in omega-3 fatty acids. A diet high in Omega-3 has been shown to inhibit breast, colon and kidney cancer. So you may want to reconsider incorporating these slimy little fishies into your diet. Try them with lemon and rosemary